|No Reviews |
Melanie B. Bradford
Scottsboro Estate Planning Lawyer
Since 2005, Attorney Melanie B. Bradford has focused her law practice to help clients with: estate and tax planning, business succession planning, asset protection, long term care planning, special needs disability planning, incapacity issues, and probate matters.
Whether you are worried about having an estate plan that provides for your minor children if you pass away, have concerns about how to pass on the family business, are worried about how to pay for long term care, want your estate plan to pass assets to loved ones but want the assets to be protected from creditors or divorce, need to plan for a disabled loved one, need help with applying for Medicaid benefits, or need help appealing a denial of Medicaid benefits for long term care, Melanie B. Bradford can help you achieve your goals.
To schedule a confidential consultation, contact us at 256-259-3301, toll free at 888-736-1592 or online with an email message.
EXPERIENCED WILLS AND TRUSTS ATTORNEY OFFERING A BROAD RANGE OF SERVICES FOR YOUNG AND OLD IN SCOTTSBORO, HUNTSVILLE, BIRMINGHAM, AND PELHAM
- Estate and gift tax planning — working closely with you to help you identify and implement the best strategy for orderly distribution of your assets while carefully reviewing the tax consequences of each approach; also the smooth estate administration of wills, trusts, powers of attorney and advance health care directives
- Medicaid planning — protecting your assets from being used to pay for nursing home or long-term care, whether through the purchase of long-term care insurance, the creation of a trust or the lifetime gifting of property. I will help you with the Medicaid applicationprocess and any appeals as well.
- Special needs trusts directing settlement proceeds and special needs trusts for estate planning — to legally ensure the present and future care of minors and seniors with special needs
- Life-care planning — preparation for the long-term care needs of elderly family members
- Tennessee Asset Protection Trusts — the Tennessee Investment Services Act allows individuals, meeting certain criteria, to establish a trust that is shielded from most creditor claims.
- Veterans’ benefits — when nursing home or in-home care becomes expensive for veterans and/or surviving spouses; and strategies for “Aid and Assistance” benefits and Medicaid planning
- Social Security Disability — for guidance throughout the SSDI process, from correctly completed applications to appeals of benefits denials
- Estate Probate – Guiding the personal representative and family through the probate court process.
- Gun Trusts – Many clients have guns that they want to pass on to loved ones. A gun trust is critical to prevent violating any regulatory laws regarding the possession and ownership of certain weapons.
- Personal Injury – I have a close relationship with my clients. If you have issues that develop, such as personal injury cases, I will work with you to make sure you are connected with highly successful and attentive attorneys that can guide you through the litigation process. If you wish, I will stay attentive and involved in the case to make sure you are receiving the best possible legal services.
Lifelong interest in matters affecting seniors. Since graduating law school and beginning my practice in Alabama, I have focused my practice on Elder Law issues. 2010-2011 President of Elder Law Section of Alabama State Bar; 2011-2012 member of Board for Elder Law Section of Alabama State Bar; member of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys; member of the Alabama State Bar; member of the American Bar Association Focusing on Estate Planning, Asset Protection (including trust planning and business planning) Medicaid Planning & Appeals (asset protection, preparing and submitting the Medicaid application, appeals), Retirement Stretch-Out Trusts, Special Needs Trusts
There are no comments posted yet. Be the first one!